Are you ready to explore the realm of hair systems and unlock the secrets behind luscious locks?
Whether you’re battling hair loss, seeking a style transformation, or simply curious about this innovative hair replacement method, you’ve come to the right place.
This blog delves deep into hair systems and everything you need to know. From the science behind these mane enhancers to debunking myths and misconceptions, we’ll leave no strand unturned.
Get ready to meet the world with confidence as we embark on this experience together. Your crowning glory awaits!
What is a Hair System?
A hair system, also known as a hair replacement system or a non-surgical hair replacement solution, is a custom-made hair piece designed to emulate the hair’s natural appearance. It is a choice for individuals experiencing hair loss or thinning hair, as it makes your crowning glory look thicker and fuller.
The primary purpose of a hair system is to restore the individual’s confidence and self-esteem by effectively addressing their hair loss concerns. A hair system offers a viable solution whether someone is dealing with male pattern baldness, alopecia, chemotherapy-induced hair loss, or any other form.
There are several reasons why people choose hair replacement systems:
- Natural Appearance: One of the key reasons individuals opt for hair systems is their ability to provide a natural-looking appearance. High-quality materials enable hair systems to blend seamlessly with existing hair, matching colour, texture, and density.
- Customisation: Hair systems are tailored to each individual’s specific needs. The base, hair materials, colour, length, and style can be customised to match the person’s desired look and preferences.
- Non-Invasive Solution: Unlike surgical hair restoration methods like transplants, hair systems do not require invasive procedures or incisions. It is a viable option for those who prefer non-surgical alternatives or are unsuitable for surgery.
- Immediate Results: Hair systems provide immediate results. Once the customised hairpiece is attached correctly, the individual instantly gains a fuller head of hair, enhancing their appearance and boosting their confidence.
- Versatility: Hair systems offer versatility in terms of styling options. Individuals can choose different hairstyles, experiment with various looks, and even change their hair colour without any permanent commitment or damage to their natural hair.
- Cost-Effective: Comparatively, hair systems are more affordable than surgical hair restoration methods. They provide a cost-effective solution for individuals seeking a significant improvement in their hair aesthetics without breaking the bank.
- Maintenance and Convenience: Hair systems are relatively low maintenance. They can be cared for and styled at home using specific products and techniques. This convenience appeals to individuals who prefer a straightforward, manageable hair care routine.
By understanding the purpose of a hair system, individuals can decide whether it is the right solution for their specific hair loss concerns.
Hair Systems vs Other Hair Replacement Methods
When it comes to hair loss, there are various options available. Understanding the critical differences between hair systems and other hair replacement methods is essential to make an informed decision. Let’s compare them here:
- Wigs are typically pre-made and come in standard sizes, whereas hair systems are custom-made to fit the individual’s head shape, size, and specific hair loss pattern.
- Hair systems are securely attached to the scalp using adhesive, tapes, or clips, ensuring a natural and secure fit. On the other hand, wigs are usually worn with the help of elastic bands, combs, or clips, which may be less secure.
- Hair systems are designed to blend seamlessly with existing hair, providing a natural look and feel. Wigs may appear less natural, especially if not properly fitted or styled.
- Hair systems require regular maintenance, including cleaning, reattachment, and occasional repairs. Wigs generally require less maintenance but may need periodic washing and styling.
- Hair transplant surgery involves harvesting hair follicles from a donor area and transplanting them into the balding or thinning areas. It is an invasive procedure that requires anaesthesia and recovery time. Hair systems, on the other hand, are non-invasive and do not involve surgical procedures.
- Hair transplant results are permanent, as transplanted hair grows naturally. However, the process may require multiple sessions, and the outcome can vary. Hair systems offer immediate results, providing a full head of hair without surgery. The appearance can be easily customised and adjusted as needed.
- Hair transplants are typically more expensive than hair systems. Hair transplant surgery costs include the procedure, consultations, medications, and follow-up visits. Hair systems offer a cost-effective alternative with customisable options at a lower price.
- Topical treatments, such as minoxidil or finasteride, are non-invasive methods to slow down hair loss or stimulate growth. However, these may not work for everyone, and results can vary. Hair systems provide an immediate solution for individuals looking to instantly achieve a full head of hair.
- While topical treatments aim to improve existing hair, they may not address the cosmetic concerns associated with hair loss, such as thinning or receding hairlines. Hair systems offer a comprehensive aesthetic solution, covering balding areas and providing a natural-looking appearance.
- Topical treatments require consistent application over an extended period. Hair systems, although requiring regular maintenance, provide a more immediate and noticeable improvement in hair aesthetics.
It’s essential to consider individual preferences, lifestyle, budget, desired outcome, and the extent of hair loss when choosing between hair systems and other hair replacement methods.
Each option has its advantages and considerations, so it’s recommended to consult with a hair loss professional or specialist to determine the most suitable solution based on specific needs and expectations.
Components of a Hair System
A hair system consists of several essential components that create a natural-looking and secure hair replacement solution. Understanding these components can help individuals choose the right system for their needs.
Let’s explore the key components: the base, hair materials, and attachment methods.
The base of a hair system forms the foundation and provides structure. It is typically made of a thin, flexible material that closely resembles the appearance of the scalp. The base is responsible for mimicking the natural hairline and creating a seamless integration with existing hair. Typical base materials include:
Lace: Lace bases are lightweight and provide breathability for the scalp. They are popular for their natural appearance and ability to create an undetectable hairline.
Polyurethane (PU): PU bases are durable and provide a secure attachment. They are often used for individuals with an active lifestyle or those who require stronger adhesion.
Monofilament: Monofilament bases are a fine mesh material with a natural-looking scalp . They allow for easy customisation of hair partings.
The hair used in a hair system plays a crucial role in achieving a natural and realistic look. The choice of hair material depends on factors such as texture, colour, and desired level of maintenance. Common hair materials used in hair systems include:
Human Hair: Human hair provides the most natural look and feel. It can be styled, coloured, and treated like natural hair. High-quality human hair is often sourced from regions worldwide to match different ethnicities and textures.
Synthetic Hair: Synthetic hair is made from synthetic fibres that resemble human hair. It offers affordability and minimal styling but may not provide the same realism and versatility as human hair.
Attachment methods determine how the hair system is secured to the scalp. The choice of attachment method depends on personal preference, lifestyle, and desired level of security.
Standard attachment methods include:
Adhesive: Adhesive is a commonly used method where a liquid or tape adhesive is applied to the scalp or base of the hair system for secure attachment. Adhesives can provide a strong bond and suit individuals seeking a more long-term attachment.
Tape: Tape attachment involves using double-sided tapes specifically designed for hair systems. The tapes are applied to the system’s base and then attached to the scalp. This method offers a secure hold and allows for easy removal and reattachment.
Clips or Combs: Some hair systems have built-in clips or combs that can be securely attached to existing hair. This convenient method allows easy removal and reattachment without the need for adhesives.
When choosing a hair system’s base material, materials, and attachment methods, one must consider individual preferences, lifestyles, and comfort levels. Consulting with Aremyhair can provide valuable guidance in selecting the right components that match specific needs and desired aesthetics.
Common Misconceptions With Hair Systems
Hair systems have evolved significantly, but some misconceptions and myths still surround them. Addressing these misunderstandings is vital to provide accurate information and clarify any misconceptions.
Maintenance is Difficult and Time-Consuming
✗ Misconception: Some believe maintaining a hair system requires significant time and effort.
✓Clarification: Hair systems require regular maintenance but are not overly burdensome. Essential maintenance includes cleaning the system, reattaching it when necessary, and occasional repairs.
Hair Systems Are Uncomfortable to Wear
✗ Misconception: There is a misconception that hair systems are uncomfortable and cause discomfort or irritation to the scalp.
✓ Clarification: Hair systems should not cause discomfort or irritation when correctly fitted and attached. Modern hair systems are designed to be lightweight and breathable. When used correctly, adhesive or tape attachment methods provide a secure and comfortable fit. Working with a professional like Aremyhair ensures the hair system is custom-made and attached adequately for maximum comfort.
Hair Systems Are Not Durable
✗ Misconception: Some believe hair systems are fragile and easily damaged, requiring frequent replacements.
✓ Clarification: The durability of a hair system depends on various factors, including the quality of materials used and how well it is cared for. When properly maintained, high-quality hair systems can be durable and last for an extended period.
Hair Systems Look Unnatural or Obvious
✗ Misconception: Hair systems look fake or apparent to others.
✓ Clarification: Advancements in craftsmanship have significantly refined the natural appearance of hair systems. A well-made hair system can be virtually undetectable with customisation, colour matching, and proper attachment.
Hair Systems Limit Lifestyle and Activities
✗ Misconception: Some people believe that wearing a hair system restricts them from participating in various lifestyle activities.
✓ Clarification: Hair systems are designed to be versatile and cater to an individual’s lifestyle. Whether one is into sports, swimming, or other physical activities, hair system options and attachment methods offer a secure hold.
It’s crucial to dispel these misconceptions and provide accurate information about hair systems. By addressing them, individuals can make informed decisions based on knowledge and realistic expectations.
Considerations When Choosing a Hair System
Choosing the right hair system involves various factors to ensure it aligns with your lifestyle, budget, maintenance requirements, and personal preferences. Here are some key considerations to keep in mind:
Consider your lifestyle and daily activities when selecting a hair system. Consider factors such as your level of physical activity, sports participation, and exposure to water or heat. If you lead an active lifestyle, opt for a hair system with a secure attachment method that can withstand movement and sweat.
Set a budget for your hair system investment. Hair systems vary in price depending on factors such as the quality of materials, customisation options, and durability. Determine a budget range that you are comfortable with, keeping in mind that a higher-quality hair system may provide longevity and a more natural appearance. When considering your budget, consider the cost of maintenance products, professional maintenance services, and potential future replacements.
- Maintenance Requirements
Consider the maintenance requirements of the hair system you are considering. Some systems may require extensive maintenance, such as frequent cleaning, reattachment, or professional maintenance appointments.
Assess your willingness and ability to dedicate time and effort to proper care and maintenance. If you prefer a low-maintenance option, discuss this with the hair system provider to explore suitable options that fit your desired maintenance routine.
- Personal Preference
Consider your personal preferences when it comes to hair colour, texture, length, and style. A hair system should align with your desired appearance and enhance your confidence. Choose a hair system that matches your natural hair colour, or if you prefer a change, discuss colour options with the provider.
- Consultation and Professional Assistance
Seek professional guidance and consult with a reputable hair system provider like Aremyhair. They can assess your hair loss needs, offer advice, and help you make an informed decision. A professional can provide insights into suitable base materials, hair types, attachment methods, and customisation options based on your circumstances and preferences.
- Realistic Expectations
Maintain realistic expectations about the limitations and capabilities of hair systems. While hair systems can provide a natural-looking appearance, they are not the same as growing natural hair. Discuss these aspects with the hair system provider to ensure you know what to expect.
By considering these factors and seeking professional guidance, you can select a hair system that aligns with your lifestyle, budget, maintenance preferences and desired appearance. Remember to prioritise your comfort, confidence, and long-term satisfaction.
Hair systems offer a non-invasive, customisable, and versatile solution to address hair loss concerns. They provide increased confidence, a natural appearance, and styling versatility.
To make an informed decision, think of your lifestyle, budget, maintenance requirements, and personal preferences. Consider how the hair system will fit into your daily activities, assess your budget range, understand the maintenance responsibilities, and prioritise your style preferences.
By consulting with Aremyhair, you can ensure that you choose a hair system that matches your desired appearance, provides comfort, and meets your long-term satisfaction. Remember, selecting a hair system is a personal decision, and what works for one person may not work for another.
Choose a hair system that empowers you, restores your natural appearance, and allows you to embrace life with renewed self-assurance.
Take the first stride towards a fresh transformation with Aremyhair’s hair replacement systems. Book your FREE consultation now. .